Fraunhofer growing in the UK
Fraunhofer UK Research Limited
Fraunhofer CAP continues to grow with more than £8.5M of new project funds won for us and our collaborators since we started in 2012.
Our website will be updated over the next month with further content.
Keep in touch with our news through
FraunhoferCAP on Linked-In
Meet in person at Photon14, Imperial College London, 2 and 3 September.
To benefit the UK economy by enhancing the performance of UK industry through innovation.
Providing professional R and D services to industry
Being a partner for UK companies in collaborative projects
Training the next generation of scientists and engineers
Global brand - local engagment
Fraunhofer UK Research Limited was created and established headquarters in Glasgow in 2012.
In partnership with Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, the proven model will be used to benefit the UK economy.
The first UK Fraunhofer Centre, the Centre for Applied Photonics was established at the same time and is actively engaged on a number of collaborative and contract research projects with UK photonics companies.
Facts and figures at a glance
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (Society), the largest organization for applied research in Europe
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, the largest organization for applied research in Europe
- 67 Fraunhofer Institutes and independent research units, at different locations in Germany
- The majority of more than 23,000 staff are qualified scientists and engineers
- €2 billion annual research budget totaling. Of this sum, €1.6 billion is generated through contract research. More than 70 percent of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft’s contract research revenue is derived from contracts with industry and from publicly financed research projects. Almost 30 percent is contributed by the German federal and Länder governments in the form of base funding.
- Research centers and representative offices in Europe, USA, Asia.